Once purchased our new house, it is necessary to carry out some minor practices but that must be done and in some cases even in a short and established time.
Here is a list of bureaucratic issues to be dealt with once the notarial deed has been completed.
If we purchased our first home and we have used the tax breaks for this, remember that we have the obligation to bring our residence in that house within 18 months from the date of the act, otherwise we could incur penalties to be paid.
For the change of residence we must contact the Registry Office of the municipality where the house is located and make the request for residence. Afterwards, the service of the vigli will come to check if we really reside in that house or not and once this has been established the municipality will inform us of the positive closure of the practice and we will be officially resident in that house.
Among the very first practices to be done there are the transfers of all utilities (water, electricity, gas, telephone) in order to take advantage of these services in our name. We therefore ask the old owner the companies that he used before selling and maybe if he has the last bills so as to be facilitated in the exchange by communicating the previous customer number to the various companies.
If we have purchased a new house or anyway without utilities, we must proceed to the request for connection to the various companies that we want to use.
All companies have physical points of reference at the offices but also toll-free numbers to call, which will make us do everything by phone. Only for the water service we should go to the municipal tax office.
The TARI service is the tax on urban waste and to activate it and / or turn it on our behalf we will have to go to the municipal tax office provided with the cadastral survey where the square footage of our house will be reported and the cadastral data to be communicated.
The IMU (Unique Municipal Tax), however, it will be our duty to pay it only if we have bought a second home as the payment on the first house was abolished, except for luxury properties and then stacked A / 1, A / 8 and A / 9. For the payment of this tax, which expires on June 16 and December 16 of each year, we can help our accountant.
If we have purchased an apartment in which a condominium is present, it will be our concern to inform the administrator of the change of ownership so that from that moment we will be responsible for payment.